Sunday, July 8, 2007

I "felt" crafty...

Way back when, I posted an entry with a cute idea for "framing" fabric in embroidery hoops and hanging it on a wall. I mentioned that maybe I'd totally yoink the idea, tweak it a wee bit, and use it for the nursery.

Well, I don't want to send any of you into anaphylactic shock, but...
I actually did it.

I made a wall decoration with Reagan's name using embroidery hoops (14", 12", and 9") that I spray-painted black, fitted with a different pink patterned fabric, and then I cut out the letters of Reagan's name in black felt and made a pink felt background for each letter, alternating light and dark pink. It took me about 2 hours total to get where I am so far. I haven't decided yet whether I'm going to A.) Hand-stitch the felt letters onto the fabric (I am a sucker for those chunky visible stitches) or B.) Lazy-out and glue them on with fabric glue. Then, once I make that decision, I have to figure out how to hang them. They'll rest perfectly on a push-pin- or I can attach ribbon to the backs and hang them each with a bow... everything fully depends on how much energy I have in the next 24 hours.

Here's what I have so far- (everything's just kind of laid out on the floor):
Reagan

Here's a close-up of the G:
101_1623

Her bedding is bright pink, pastel pink, lime, and white, (that's her actual bed in the previous entry) and her crib and the rest of the her furniture is black, so everything kinda just flows. I really am in love with how perfectly imperfect it is. I'm not one to stress about details, and I hate when everything is too matchy-matchy, so this is exactly what I was going for. And now, I'll stop with the gratuitous back-patting. (But I will post more pics of the nursery as I pull together more of the details.)

No comments: